Public Survey Results Now Posted
Thank you to all who participated in the Echo Lake Causation Study Survey this spring. A summary of the survey results is now available and posted to this page at the following link: Echo Lake Survey Results.
Other key aspects of the public consultation process will be summarized in the study’s final report.
Next steps in the study:
- The Terms of Reference (TOR) for the study will be shared with stakeholders by August 2021. We will post the TOR to this page and send a newsletter to advise that this document has been posted.
- Data collection and field work will continue into the fall, after which, the consultant will analyze the data and prepare the draft report for the study
- Once the draft report is ready, a stakeholder meeting will be scheduled where you can ask questions to better understand the report findings and recommendations and provide feedback.
- The timing of the draft report may be affected by late fall blooms but is expected to be prepared for early 2022.
- After the stakeholder meeting, the report will be revised (if needed), finalized, and presented to the District’s Community and Planning Services Committee
Lake residents and stakeholders are asked to continue to be our eyes on the lake over the summer and fall seasons and report any sightings of potential blue-green algae blooms to the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation, and Parks’ Spills Action Centre at 1-866-663-8477.
If you have any additional data or information you would like to share with the consulting team, please send it to email@example.com. We will be accepting submissions from lake stakeholders until October 31, 2021.