The District Municipality of Muskoka is looking for partnership opportunities for the Rapid Housing Initiative made available through the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
The Government of Canada, through CMHC, has launched the Rapid Housing Initiative (RHI). The RHI is a $1 billion program to help address the urgent housing needs of vulnerable Canadians, especially in the context of COVID-19, through the rapid construction of affordable housing.
The District would like to submit an eligible RHI project proposal to CMHC and is interested in partnering with an applicant who meets one or more of the following criteria:
- is a modular builder that can meet a rapid production timeline; or
- owns land on municipal services that is (currently) zoned multi-residential and may be interested in selling the property; or
- owns and may be interested in selling a building or structure that can be converted to a multi-residential project (i.e. commercial conversion to residential or uninhabitable residential property brought to property standards); or
- owns a motel or hotel and may be interested in selling the property; or
- has a shovel ready, multi-residential, modular development planned or in progress and may be interested in selling.
If you meet any of the above criteria and would like to seek a potential partnership opportunity with the District, our team would like to connect with you! Please send us an email briefly outlining your interest and qualifications by 4:00 pm on Friday, December 4th, 2020.
Email Contact: Danielle Morgan, Manager, Housing Development
For further details and program requirements regarding the RHI please visit the District’s website at: www.muskoka.on.ca/affordablehousing