RentSmart Certificate Program Now Available!
The RentSmart Certificate Course is being offered in partnership with the Muskoka Housing Task Force and Employment North. Through participating in the RentSmart Certificate Course, you will learn about:
- Finding suitable housing;
- Tenant rights and responsibilities;
- Landlord responsibilities and expectations;
- Maintenance do's and don'ts;
- Communicating effectively with landlords, roommates, and
- Budgeting and planning for affordable housing.
At the completion of the course, you will receive a RentSmart Certificate which lets landlords know you are serious about being a responsible tenant.
To obtain your certificate, you must attend the full course which is 6 sessions, 2 hours per session.
The course runs from 10am-12pm on Tuesdays starting May 11 via the zoom platform. Course dates as follows: May 11, 18 & 25. June 1, 8 & 15.
Course facilitators are Jennifer Tournour, Employment North and Mike Romaine, District of Muskoka.
To register for the RentSmart Certificate Course please email Jennifer Tournour at email@example.com. The course is limited to 12 participants.